To mark the new year the Cook Islands’ iconic resort, The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium, is delighted to announce the complete refurbishment of all 20 of our Beachfront Rooms and two 2-Bedroom Beachfront Interconnecting Family Suites.
These beautiful accommodations set on absolute beachfront now have a fresh, light airy new feel with stylish natural accents throughout to enhance their tropical island charm and character.Our 2-Bedroom Beachfront Interconnecting Family Suites are proving to be in hot demand with those families seeking separate rooms for parents and children. Families who have up to 4 children love knowing their kids have use of their own full set of amenities including a separate bathroom and television.
The newly-upgraded Beachfront Rooms offer guests the ability to stay directly on the beach, either at beach level or one level up, and enjoy views of the sparkling clear blue waters of Aroa Lagoon Marine Sanctuary, the island’s best aquatic playground offering complimentary stand-up paddle-boarding, kayaking, snorkelling, fish feeding and swimming right on the island’s sunshine southwest coast.
Guests staying in a ground-level Beachfront Room or ground-level 2-Bedroom Beachfront Interconnecting Family Suite can step directly from their rooms onto the white sands of secluded Aroa Beach only a few steps from the water’s edge, and the lagoon here has the rare quality of being able to be used at all tides.
And with The Rarotongan’s great-value family policy allowing Kids & Teens to age 16 to Stay Free when sharing with parents, it means that families with a teenager or two do not have to pay a third adult rate or book a second room for their holiday, they can all stay together in a newly-refurbished Beachfront Room enjoying their family holiday right on the beach.
The exciting new refurbishment of the Beachfront Rooms and 2-Bedroom Beachfront Interconnecting Family Suites includes:
- The re-orientation of the super-king bed to face the beachfront view looking out onto the white sands of Aroa Beach and the sparkling clear blue lagoon beyond. In the case of the children’s bedroom in the 2-Bedroom Beachfront Interconnecting Family Suites, the twin beds face the beachfront view
- The master bed is draped with a romantic new canopy and finished with a polished rattan bed-head and smart new bedwear in soft natural hues
- New tiled floors in pale cream to lighten and brighten the rooms
- Complete retiling of the bathroom and installation of new bathroomware including a stylish new porcelain hand basin with wooden vanity surround
- Installation of new air-conditioning units
- Creation of a mini-kitchenette with microwave, fridge and tea & coffee making facilities
- Installation of new fibre optic cabling improving Wi-Fi access and television reception
- Installation of new flat-screen televisions
- Creation of a new desk area for those who need to keep in touch with home
Guests staying at The Rarotongan enjoy all of the following complimentary added-value bonuses included with their standard room rate:
- Free_Daily Tropical Breakfast Buffet includes ham, cheese, fresh island fruits, fresh fruit salad, home-stewed fruits, Bircher muesli, homemade yoghurt, fresh-baked breads, pastries, muffins & croissants, cereals, toast, spreads, fruit juices, tea & coffee (may not be included on some special rates)
- Free_Daily Activities Programme_Snorkelling Lessons, Marine Sanctuary Snorkelling Tours, Try Scuba in the Pool, Fish Feeding, Island Drumming & Dancing Lessons, Ukulele Lessons, Pareu (Wrap Around Sarong) Tying, Palm-frond Weaving, Flower Garland (Lei) Making, Coconut Husking Show, Crab Hunting, Crab Racing, Guided Village & Nature Walks, Karaoke, Trivia Nights, Bingo Nights
- Free_Water Sports_Stand-Up Paddleboards, Kayaks, Snorkelling Gear, Beach Towels, Sun Loungers, Hammocks
- Free_Kids STAY FREE aged to 11 years (when sharing room with parents)
- Free_Teens STAY FREE aged 12-16 years inclusive (when sharing room with parents)
- Free_Kids PLAY FREE in the Moko Kids Club (age 4-11 years) + Teens PLAY FREE in the Teen Zone (age 12-16 years)
- Free_Snacks + Drinks for Kids at Moko’s Kids Club sessions
- Free_Invitation to Manager’s Sunset Cocktail Party
- Free_Welcome Drink upon arrival to Resort
- Free_Microwave in room
Guests of the Cook Islands’ signature resort, The Rarotongan Beach Resort & Lagoonarium, enjoy access to all of the following facilities and services:
- Resort-wide Wi-Fi access (charge applies)
- Captain Andy’s Beach Bar & Grill
- SpaPolynesia @ The Rarotongan
- Waterfall Swimming Pool
- Water Sports – Stand-Up Paddleboards, Kayaks, Snorkelling Gear, Beach Towels, Sun Loungers, Hammocks
- Activities Hut – Tennis, Beach Volleyball, Beach Soccer, Pool Table, Games Room, Big Screen TV, Guest Library, Board Games
- Gym (air-conditioned) + Outdoor Fitness Trail
- Moko Kids Club, Banana Beach Playland baby crèche, Little Dolphins Mini Waterpark, Teen Zone,
- Raro Style Gift Shop + Treasure Chest Gift Shop
- Best of the Islands Tour Desk
- Treetops Verandah Room, Blue Lagoon Marquee, Latitude 21-30 private function room/nightclub (air-conditioned + sound proof), Arataki Executive Conference Room, Business Centre
- Guest Laundries
- Guest Ice Machines
- Personal Wedding Planner
- Conference Organizer
- Free Parking
- 24-hour Reception
- 24-hour Security
We are delighted with the fresh new look of our Beachfront Rooms and 2-Bedroom Beachfront Interconnecting Family Suites and look forward to welcoming guests to these charming and restful accommodations for a wonderful and uplifting South Seas tropical island beachfront getaway.